DATA PROTECTION OFFICER as a SERVICE (DPOaaS)
- An external DPO assures an independent role that has no conflict of interest with the business
- Cost effective way to procure a Data Protection Officer. Finding an experienced DPO with the right skill set and experience can be time consuming and expensive
- Access to independent expertise and advice with cross sector experience
WHY CHOOSE PRIVACY KNOW HOW EXTERNAL DPO SERVICE CONTRACT
- We partner with you to develop a fit for purpose strategy for your privacy program
- We audit your operations to avoid data protection blind spots in the business
- We support you with best practice guidance aligned with GDPR, CCPA/CPRA and your unique regulatory requirements
- We keep you updated on data privacy legislation and how it affects your company
|Start Up: DPO appointed and trained||New FT position or retraining existing: 3-6 months to get started||Already qualified|
|Certifications||$30k+ IAPP courses: CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/E||Already certified|
|Maintaining Role||$5k + Annual training, conferences to remain qualified, knowledgable||Included|
|Annual Audit||$25-30k+ Consultant cost||Included|
|Cost per annum||$100k+ plus Benefits||$18-60k depending on risk profile|
Expert knowledge of national and EU DP law & practice.
Report to highest executive level. Access to company PD and processing ops.
Independence: not receive instructions re exercise of tasks.
Compliance with GDPR.
Fostering DP culture.
Inform & advise C and P and their EEs of legal obligations.
Manage internal DP activities.
Training data processing staff
Conduct internal audits.
Advise on DPIA.
Contact point for supervisory authority (DPA) to work with and cooperate.
Available for inquiries from data subjects on issues relating to data protection practices, withdrawal of consent, right to be forgotten, and related rights.
Active support by Sr. Management (at board level).
Sufficient time to fulfill duties.
Adequate support re financial resources, infrastructure and staff.
Official communication to staff re DPO role and function.
Access to HR, Legal, IT, Security services to receive support.
Continuous training for DPO.